Turkey Sausage SkewersServes 4
Sweet Bell Hybrid Sweet Pepper Mix - Packet of 35 SeedsRead More
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 12 oz. (1 package) garlic turkey sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large red onion, cut into chunks
- 1 c. cherry tomatoes
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- ¼ c. fresh Italian parsley
- ¼ c. fresh cilantro
- 4 scallions, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
Soak eight 8-inch skewers in water, at least 15 minutes. Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium high.
Meanwhile, toss the bell peppers, sausage, onion and tomatoes in a bowl with 1 tablespoon olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Thread onto the skewers, alternating the sausage and vegetables. Grill, rotating skewers, until the vegetables are slightly softened and the sausage begins to brown, 6 to 7 minutes.
Meanwhile, puree the parsley, cilantro and scallions in a blender with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, the vinegar and 2 tablespoons water. Season with salt and pepper. Brush the skewers with some of the pesto and continue to cook, turning, until the tomatoes are tender and the sausage is charred, 6 to 7 more minutes. Use remaining pesto as a dipping sauce.