A reliable, heavy producer
Topcrop Bush Bean
A reliable, heavy producer
- 5.5" smooth, straight, stringless pods
- Delicious fresh, cooked, or frozen
- High yields make it great for canning
- Resistant to Bean Mosaic Virus
These bright green beans have 5.5" smooth, straight pods that are carried high on the plant for an easy harvest. Pick the beans often to encourage regrowth, since one planting will produce several crops. As an added bonus, they're stringless, and make delicious additions to your canning or freezing lineup! They'll keep their deep green color and flavor during processes. Alternatively, enjoy them fresh with your favorite veggie dip or sauteed as a side. Topcrop is high in antioxidants, and contains high levels of vitamins, K, A and C, meaning this veggie has anti-inflammatory properties. To boost each crop yield even further, try our Garden Nurture Soil Inoculant. Topcrop is resistant to Bean Mosaic Virus. 51 days to maturity.
- Botanical Name: Phaseolus vulgaris 'Topcrop'; Family: Fabaceae/Leguminosae (Bean Family)
- Season: both Spring & Fall
- Sun/Shade: Full sun.
- Height: 18 - 24 inches.
- Spacing: Sow 1 inch apart, thin plants to 2 - 3 inches apart, 24 - 36 inches between rows.
- Zone: 3 - 9 annual.
- Spread: Vine
- Foliage: Green foliage.
- Depth: 1 - 1.5 inches.
- Germination: 6 - 10 days.
- Days to Maturity: 51 days.
- Yield: 120 lbs. per 100 foot row.
- Fruit: Round, medium green, stringless pods. Smooth and straight. Brown with buff mottled seeds.
- Soil Preference: Rich, well-drained soil, pH 6.0-6.8.
- Growth Rate: Medium growth rate.
- Form: Upright, no staking required.
- Flowers: Small white flowers.
- Seed Count: 2 oz. packet is approximately 150 seeds, 1/2 lb. is approximately 600 seeds.
- Size: 5.5 inch pods.
Orders for in-stock seeds and hardgoods are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below:
|2019 Insects Shipping Schedule|
|Zones||Lacewings, Lady Beetles & Encapsulated Earthworms||Nematodes|
|1A||5/3 - 11/1||5/10 - 11/1|
|1B - 2A||5/10 - 11/1||5/10 - 11/1|
|2B - 3B||4/26 - 11/1||4/26 - 11/1|
|4A - 6A||4/12 - 11/1||4/12 - 11/1|
|6B - 7A||4/5 - 11/1||4/5 - 11/1|
|7B - 8B||3/8 - 11/1||3/8 - 11/1|
|9A - 10B||2/22 - 11/1||2/22 - 11/1|
|Last Order Date||10/28/2019||10/28/2019|
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order--via the U.S. Postal Service or United Parcel Service. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the continental United States.