Perfect for salads
Chocolate Cherry Tomato
Perfect for salads
- 1-in. cherry-like fruits
- Rich, complex flavor
- Heirloom variety
Indeterminate plants yield lots of sweet, delicious little tomatoes. Fruits ripen to rich shades of red and chocolate and have a complex, gourmet flavor perfect for salads, slicing and canning. 70 days to maturity.
- Botanical Name: Lycopersicon lycopersicum 'Chocolate Cherry'
- Season: both Spring & Fall
- Sun/Shade: Full Sun
- Height: 4 - 6 feet. Indeterminate.
- Spacing: 18 - 24 inches between plants, 3 -5 feet between rows.
- Zone: 3-9
- Spread: 3 - 4 feet
- Color: Yellow
- Foliage: Green foliage.
- Depth: Plant seeds 1/4 inch deep. Transplant outdoors after any chance of frost is past. When transplanting, set the plant deep, up to the first true leaves, by digging a deep hole or trench. The stem will develop roots along its length.
- Germination: 8 - 10 Days
- Days to Maturity: 70 Days
- Yield: 100 lbs/100 foot row.
- Fruit: Attractive rich brick-red with rich brown shading. 1-inch, round, cherry-type tomatoes.
- Soil Preference: Rich, deep, well-drained soil pH 5.5-6.8
- Growth Rate: Moderate growth rate.
- Pruning: Prune by cutting out suckers (axillary shoots between the stems and the leaves) to produce larger fruit. Fruit also ripens earlier since the sun can reach it more easily.
- Form: Vegetable, Tomato, Heirloom Tomato
- Flowers: Small yellow flowers.
- Seed Count: Approximately 25 seeds per packet.
- Pollinator: Self pollinating.
- Size: 25 Seed Pkt
Orders for in-stock seeds and hardgoods are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below:
|Fall 2020 Shipping Schedule|
|Zones||All Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A-4A||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|4B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|5A||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|5B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|6A||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|6B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|7A||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|7B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|8A & B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|9A & B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|10A & B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|Last Order Date||10/26/2020|
|2020 Insects Shipping Schedule|
|Zones||Nematodes & Encapsulated Worms|
|1A||5/13/20 - 10/30/20|
|1B - 2A||5/13/20 - 10/30/20|
|2B - 3B||4/29/20 - 10/30/20|
|4A - 6A||4/15/20 - 10/30/20|
|6B - 7A||4/8/20 - 10/30/20|
|7B - 8B||3/11/20 - 10/30/20|
|9A - 10B||2/25/20 - 10/30/20|
|Last Order Date||10/23/2020|
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order--via the U.S. Postal Service or United Parcel Service. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the continental United States.