Heavy producer even in heat
Black Krim Tomato
Heavy producer even in heat
- High yielding heirloom variety
- Fruit sets well even in heat
- Large 6-in. fruits weigh 10-16 ounces
Considered one of the best flavored "black" tomatoes around, this heirloom variety from the Black Sea area of Russia produces heavy yields even in high temperatures. Six-inch fruits weigh 10-16 ounces each and have a rich flavor with a hint of saltiness. Wonderful for fresh eating, canning or freezing. Indeterminate. 80 days to maturity.
- Botanical Name: Lycopersicon lycopersisum 'Black Krim'
- Season: both Spring & Fall
- Sun/Shade: Full Sun
- Height: 4 - 6 feet. Indeterminate
- Spacing: 18 - 24 inches between plants, 3 - 5 feet between rows.
- Zone: 3-9
- Spread: 3 - 4 feet.
- Color: Yellow
- Foliage: Green foliage.
- Depth: Plant seeds 1/4 inch deep. Plant outdoors after any chance of frost is past. When transplanting, set the plant deep, up to the first true leaves, by digging a deep hole trench. The stem will develop roots along it's length.
- Germination: 8 - 10 Days
- Days to Maturity: 80 Days
- Yield: 100 lbs. per 100 foot row.
- Fruit: Dark brown-red, shoulders are normally darker color and can be tinted green. Large, 6-inch fruit, 10 - 16 oz. typically, but can get over a pound. Heavy producer even in heat.
- Soil Preference: Rich, deep, well-drained soil. pH 5.5-6.8
- Growth Rate: Will grow and produce fruit in one season.
- Pruning: Prune by cutting out suckers (auxiliary shoots between the stems and the leaves) to produce larger fruit. Fruit also ripens earlier since the sun can reach it more easily.
- Form: Vegetable, Fruit, Tomato, Heirloom Tomato
- Seed Count: Approximately 30 seeds per packet.
- Pollinator: Self pollinating.
- Size: 30 Seed Pkt
Orders for in-stock seeds and hardgoods are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below:
|Fall 2020 Shipping Schedule|
|Zones||All Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A-4A||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|4B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|5A||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|5B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|6A||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|6B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|7A||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|7B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|8A & B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|9A & B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|10A & B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|Last Order Date||10/26/2020|
|2020 Insects Shipping Schedule|
|Zones||Nematodes & Encapsulated Worms|
|1A||5/13/20 - 10/30/20|
|1B - 2A||5/13/20 - 10/30/20|
|2B - 3B||4/29/20 - 10/30/20|
|4A - 6A||4/15/20 - 10/30/20|
|6B - 7A||4/8/20 - 10/30/20|
|7B - 8B||3/11/20 - 10/30/20|
|9A - 10B||2/25/20 - 10/30/20|
|Last Order Date||10/23/2020|
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order--via the U.S. Postal Service or United Parcel Service. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the continental United States.