Best in taste
Double Delicious Hybrid Sweet Corn (se)
Best in taste
- Fast growth rate
- Excellent germinator
- Big ears with tender, yellow kernels
Double Delicious won the vote in our taste tests hands down. In fact, it's touted as the highest quality sugary-enhanced sweet corn we've ever grown. As a vigorous grower with excellent germination, Double Delicious yields 9-inch golden ears that are sure to please. 83 days to maturity. "
- Botanical Name: Zea mays 'Double Delicious'
- Season: both Spring & Fall
- Sun/Shade: Full sun.
- Height: 6 - 7 feet.
- Spacing: 10 - 12 inches between plants; 30 - 36 inches between rows.
- Zone: 3 - 9 annual.
- Spread: 15 - 18 inches.
- Foliage: Green foliage.
- Depth: 1 - 2 inches.
- Germination: 5 - 8 days.
- Days to Maturity: 83 days.
- Yield: 10 dozen ears/100 foot row.
- Fruit: 9 inch ears. 18 - 20 rows per ear.
- Soil Preference: Deep, rich, well-drained loam soil.
- Growth Rate: Medium to fast growth rate.
- Pruning: Remove any small plants (suckers) that are growing from the base of the plant.
- Form: Upright.
- Seed Count: Packet = 250 seeds and plants a 50 foot row, 1/2 lb. = 960 seeds and plants 200 foot of row, 2 lbs.= 3,840 seeds.
Orders for in-stock seeds and hardgoods are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below:
|2019 Insects Shipping Schedule|
|Zones||Lacewings, Lady Beetles & Encapsulated Earthworms||Nematodes|
|1A||5/3 - 11/1||5/10 - 11/1|
|1B - 2A||5/10 - 11/1||5/10 - 11/1|
|2B - 3B||4/26 - 11/1||4/26 - 11/1|
|4A - 6A||4/12 - 11/1||4/12 - 11/1|
|6B - 7A||4/5 - 11/1||4/5 - 11/1|
|7B - 8B||3/8 - 11/1||3/8 - 11/1|
|9A - 10B||2/22 - 11/1||2/22 - 11/1|
|Last Order Date||10/28/2019||10/28/2019|
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order--via the U.S. Postal Service or United Parcel Service. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the continental United States.