A tasty pop of color
Sweet Bell Pepper Mix
A tasty pop of color
- Yields a lovely array of fruits in green, yellow-gold, red, purple or orange
- Great for fresh eating, salads, stir fries or stuffing
- Classic, sweet bell pepper flavor
- Freeze well
The perfect sweet pepper for a range of colors and sweetness! Harvest these colorful peppers whenever they reach full size or delay picking for increased color and sweetness. Mix includes red, yellow, green, orange and purple peppers!
- Botanical Name: Capsicum annuum (grossum group); Family: Solanaceae (Nightshade Family)
- Season: Spring
- Sun/Shade: Full sun.
- Height: 18 - 36 inches.
- Spacing: 18 - 24 inches between plants, 24 - 36 inches between rows.
- Zone: 3 - 10 annual.
- Spread: 18 - 24 inches.
- Foliage: Medium green foliage.
- Depth: Seeds 1/2 inch. Plants at the same depth as in the pot.
- Germination: 10 - 14 days.
- Days to Maturity: 65 - 80 days from transplant.
- Yield: 60 lbs. per 100 foot row.
- Fruit: Mix - various colors. Green, yellow-gold, red, purple and orange.
- Soil Preference: Rich and well-drained soil.
- Growth Rate: Moderate growth rate.
- Pruning: None needed.
- Form: Upright.
- Flowers: Small white flowers.
- Seed Count: Approximately 35 seeds per packet.
- Pollinator: Self pollinating.
- Size: 3 - 4 inches.
Orders for in-stock seeds and hardgoods are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below:
|2019 Insects Shipping Schedule|
|Zones||Lacewings, Lady Beetles & Encapsulated Earthworms||Nematodes|
|1A||5/3 - 11/1||5/10 - 11/1|
|1B - 2A||5/10 - 11/1||5/10 - 11/1|
|2B - 3B||4/26 - 11/1||4/26 - 11/1|
|4A - 6A||4/12 - 11/1||4/12 - 11/1|
|6B - 7A||4/5 - 11/1||4/5 - 11/1|
|7B - 8B||3/8 - 11/1||3/8 - 11/1|
|9A - 10B||2/22 - 11/1||2/22 - 11/1|
|Last Order Date||10/28/2019||10/28/2019|
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order--via the U.S. Postal Service or United Parcel Service. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the continental United States.