Sweet Banana Sweet Pepper
Sweet Banana Sweet Pepper
- Gorgeous display of color changes from yellow to orange to red
- Mild sweet pepper perfect for pickling
- Huge yields, easy to grow
Named for its long, pointed, banana-like shape, these 6" peppers will turn from yellow to orange to scarlet red when fully ripe. Don't worry about spice--Sweet Banana is a mild pepper with a piquant taste and sweet undertones! Slice them into salads, salsas, and tacos, or slice into rounds and pickle them for a pungent yet sweet pepper you can use to top pizza, subs, and more. Be sure to grab your Gathering Apron when you go to harvest them, since Sweet Banana Pepper is famous for its amazing yields. If you don't have room in your garden, don't worry--these make excellent container plants. 68 days to maturity.
- Botanical Name: Capsicum annuum (grossum group) 'Sweet Banana'; Family: Solanaceae (Nightshade Family)
- Season: both Spring & Fall
- Sun/Shade: Full sun.
- Height: 16 - 24 inches.
- Spacing: 18 - 24 inches between plants; 24 - 36 inches between rows.
- Zone: 3 - 10 annual.
- Spread: 20 inches.
- Foliage: Medium green foliage.
- Depth: Seeds : 1/4 - 1/2 inch. Plants at the same depth as in the pot.
- Germination: 12 - 20 days.
- Days to Maturity: 68 days from transplant.
- Yield: 60 pounds per 100 foot row.
- Fruit: Sweet, mild, waxy, thin walled. Tapers to a blunt point. 6 inches x 1.5 inches.
- Soil Preference: Rich, well-drained soil.; pH 5.5-6.8.
- Growth Rate: Moderate growth rate.
- Pruning: None needed.
- Form: Annual. Upright.
- Flowers: Small white blossoms.
- Seed Count: Approximately 100 seeds per packet.
- Pollinator: Self pollinating.
- Size: 6 inches x 1.5 inches.
- Restricted States: AK
Orders for in-stock seeds and hardgoods are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below:
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|Zones||All Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A - 6B||9/14/18 - 10/26/18|
|7A - 10B||8/31/18 - 11/09/18|
|Zones 1-6: 10/22/2018
Zones 7-10: 11/5/2018
|2018 Insects Shipping Schedule|
|Zones||Lacewings, Lady Beetles &|
|1A||5/4/18 - 11/2/18||5/11/18 - 11/2/18|
|1B - 2A||5/11/18 - 11/2/18||5/11/18 - 11/2/18|
|2B - 3B||4/27/18 - 11/2/18||4/27/18 - 11/2/18|
|4A - 6A||4/13/18 - 11/2/18||4/13/18 - 11/2/18|
|6B - 7A||4/6/18 - 11/2/18||4/6/18 - 11/2/18|
|7B - 8B||3/9/18 - 11/2/18||3/9/18 - 11/2/18|
|9A - 10B||2/23/18 - 11/2/18||2/23/18 - 11/2/18|
|Last Order Date||10/29/2018||10/29/2018|
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order—via the U.S. Postal Service or United Parcel Service. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the continental United States.