Fruits Tastes Like Golden Honey
Sugar Pearls™ Apricot Tree
Fruits Tastes Like Golden Honey
- White apricots with honey-flavored flesh
- Bears fruit one year after planting
- Great variety for Northern gardens
- Harvest in late June to early July
- Late blooms means less chance of frost damage
Why buy a Deluxe package - Deluxe fruit trees include 2 oz. of Fruit-Boost™ Pelletized Calcium to enhance fruit quality, 12 oz. bag of Fruit Tree Food Starter Formula, easy-to-use tree ties (see video below), a premium tree guard to protect the trunk from gnawing pests, mowers and weed trimmers, and a copy of Backyard Horticulture for Fun and Profit—How to Make $10,000 in Your Spare Time.
NOTE: We are unable to ship our trees to PO Boxes at this time.
- Botanical Name: Prunus armeniaca 'Sugar Pearls' PP18639
- Season: Spring
- Sun/Shade: Full Sun
- Height: 15 - 20 Feet
- Zone: 4-7
- Color: Pinkish
- Foliage: Light green leaves, deciduous, rounded form.
- Depth: Locate the planting depth indicator, the marked line above the tree's root system. The graft should be about 2 inches above the soil surface.
- Blooms: Mid Spring, Late Spring
- Yield: Standard: 1 - 3 bushels at maturity. Reachables: 3/4 - 1 bushel.
- Fruit: Golf ball size, or slightly larger golden fruit with rosy blush, pale cream flesh. This is a freestone apricot. Fruit is formed toward the ends of the branches.
- Soil Preference: Loamy Soil, Sandy Soil
- Growth Rate: Medium 12-24"/year.
- Pruning: A well-structured trimming is necessary when the tree is young. Pruning conditions can be modified when it's two to three years old, to maintain new branching and growth of tips. Remember to remove the dead, diseased, and damaged foliage during any time of the year. Primary pruning is usually done during onset of early Spring.
- Form: Fruit, Fruit Tree, Apricot, Standard Apricot, Reachables Apricot
- Flowers: Pinkish, 1 1/2-inch blossoms.
- Pollinator: Two or more trees improve yields. Use Harlayne, Jerseycot or any other late blooming apricot. Sugar Pearls is not self fertile. Sugar Pearls blooms later than most apricots in more Southern districts (Zone 6 and South). Up North most any other apricot var
- Size: Reachables Tm 2-4 Ft
Orders for in-stock seeds and hardgoods are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below:
|Fall 2020 Shipping Schedule|
|Zones||All Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A-4A||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|4B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|5A||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|5B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|6A||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|6B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|7A||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|7B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|8A & B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|9A & B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|10A & B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|Last Order Date||10/26/2020|
|2020 Insects Shipping Schedule|
|Zones||Nematodes & Encapsulated Worms|
|1A||5/13/20 - 10/30/20|
|1B - 2A||5/13/20 - 10/30/20|
|2B - 3B||4/29/20 - 10/30/20|
|4A - 6A||4/15/20 - 10/30/20|
|6B - 7A||4/8/20 - 10/30/20|
|7B - 8B||3/11/20 - 10/30/20|
|9A - 10B||2/25/20 - 10/30/20|
|Last Order Date||10/23/2020|
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order--via the U.S. Postal Service or United Parcel Service. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the continental United States.