Steak, Sweet Corn and Quinoa SaladServes 4
- 2 8-oz. New York strip steaks
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 c. dry quinoa
- Raw kernels from 2 ears of Gotta Have It® sweet corn
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 2 tbsp. red onion, diced
- ½ jalapeño, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
Brush steaks with 2 tbsp. olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook on heavy sauté pan over medium-high heat until medium rare, about 4 minutes a side. Remove the steaks and allow to rest for 10 minutes. Slice thinly across the grain.
Meanwhile, bring chicken broth to a boil. Reduce the heat, add the quinoa, and simmer until water is absorbed and quinoa becomes translucent and soft, about 10-15 minutes. Strain out water. Transfer to large bowl and add corn, avocado, and onion.
Blend lemon juice, olive oil, soy sauce, and balsamic vinegar in small bowl. Pour over salad and mix well. Place steak strips on top.