Bird Bio - Scott's Oriole
- Male- solid black head and back, rest is lemon yellow
- Female- greenish yellow under parts, greenish above 7 ¾ inches
- Egg description: Pale bluish white – brown/gray dots and lines
- Nest description: Hanging pouch-woven from grasses, Yucca plant fibers-lined with grass and hair
- # Eggs: 2-4
- Length of Incubation: 12-14 days
- Fledging Age: 14 days after hatching
- Broods/season: 1-2
Dry woods and scrub in Desert Mountains, Yucca plants, and Joshua trees
Insects mostly, some berries, nectar. Will come to feeders.
- Summer: SouthWest U.S.
- Winter: Some in southern Arizona and California