Rainbow Blend Heirloom Tomato
- Big, meaty fruits
- Classic, old-fashioned tomato flavor
- May include black, pink, red or yellow Brandywine, Cherokee Purple, Green Zebra, White Wonder or orange Nebraska Wedding
The flavors in Heirloom Rainbow Blend will remind you of Grandma's tomato garden! Beautiful blend may include black, pink, red or yellow Brandywine, Cherokee Purple, Green Zebra, White Wonder or orange Nebraska Wedding. Hefty, meaty tomatoes have a rich flavor that can't be found in hybrid varieties. Indeterminate. 80-100 days to maturity.
- Botanical Name: Lycopersicon lycopersicum
- Season: both Spring & Fall
- Sun/Shade: Full sun.
- Height: Indeterminate. Will keep growing until it is killed by frost.
- Spacing: 18 - 24 inches between plants, 3 - 5 feet between rows.
- Zone: 3 - 10 annual
- Spread: 3 feet.
- Foliage: Green foliage.
- Depth: Plant seeds 1/4 inch deep. When transplanting, set the plant deep, up to the first true leaves, by digging a deep hole or trench.The stem will develop roots along it's length.
- Germination: 8 - 10 days.
- Days to Maturity: 80 - 100 from transplant.
- Yield: 100 lbs/100 foot row.
- Fruit: Blend of colored heirlooms, mix may include Black, Pink, Red and Yellow Brandywine, Cherokee Purple, Green Zebra, White Wonder, Nebraska Wedding (orange).
- Soil Preference: Deep, rich, well-drained, well tilled, loamy soil. PH 5.5-6.8.
- Growth Rate: Moderate growth rate. Will grow to full maturity and produce fruit in one growing season.
- Pruning: Prune by cutting out suckers (axillary shoots between the stems and the leaves) to produce larger fruit. Fruit also ripens earlier since the sun can reach it more easily.
- Form: Vine. Indeterminate
- Flowers: Small yellow flowers.
- Seed Count: Approximately 30 seeds per packet.
- Pollinator: Self pollinating.
- Size: 4 - 6 inch fruits.
Orders for in-stock seeds and hardgoods are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below:
|2019 Insects Shipping Schedule|
|Zones||Lacewings, Lady Beetles & Encapsulated Earthworms||Nematodes|
|1A||5/3 - 11/1||5/10 - 11/1|
|1B - 2A||5/10 - 11/1||5/10 - 11/1|
|2B - 3B||4/26 - 11/1||4/26 - 11/1|
|4A - 6A||4/12 - 11/1||4/12 - 11/1|
|6B - 7A||4/5 - 11/1||4/5 - 11/1|
|7B - 8B||3/8 - 11/1||3/8 - 11/1|
|9A - 10B||2/22 - 11/1||2/22 - 11/1|
|Last Order Date||10/28/2019||10/28/2019|
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order--via the U.S. Postal Service or United Parcel Service. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the continental United States.