Early harvest and easy to pick
Quickpick Pink Eye Purplehull Pea
Early harvest and easy to pick
- 8" pods that turn purple when ready to harvest
- Creamy white peas with deep pink "eyes"
- Peas set at the tops of the compact, bushy plants for easy harvest
- A Southern staple
AE AK GU HI PR
Taking up less space than traditional Purplehull varieties, this bush type of pea plant has 8" pods that turn purple when the shell peas are ready to pick. Each pod contains 9-11 kidney-shaped peas. The peas themselves are a creamy white color with deep pink "eyes," hence the name. It's called "Quickpick" for a reason, too: the concentrated pods are set above foliage for quick, easy picking--and it reaches maturity early! Plant them in deep, rich, fertile sandy soil in full sunlight for best results. Dry them for long-term storage, or enjoy right away by blanching them with a bit of salt. 60 days to maturity.
- Botanical Name: Vigna unguiculata 'Quickpick Pinkeye Purplehull'
- Season: both Spring & Fall
- Sun/Shade: Full Sun
- Height: 24 inches
- Spacing: 1 - 4 inches between plants and 24 - 36 inches between rows.
- Zone: 3-9
- Spread: 24 - 30 inches.
- Depth: 1/2 - 1 inch
- Germination: 7 - 12 Days
- Days to Maturity: 60 Days
- Fruit: 8" long pods. The pods are dark-purple and about seven to eight inches long containing nine to eleven, kidney-shaped seeds with large, maroon colored eyes. Both pods and peas tend to be slightly larger than other standard purplehull varieties.
- Soil Preference: Sandy Soil
- Growth Rate: Medium growth rate.
- Form: Vegetable, Bean, Pea, Southern Pea, Cowpea
- Seed Count: 85284 - 1/4 lb (approx. 1000 seeds) 85334 - 1 lb (approx 4000 seeds).
- Size: 1/4 Lb
Orders for in-stock seeds and hardgoods are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below:
|Fall 2020 Shipping Schedule|
|Zones||All Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A-4A||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|4B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|5A||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|5B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|6A||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|6B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|7A||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|7B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|8A & B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|9A & B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|10A & B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|Last Order Date||10/26/2020|
|2020 Insects Shipping Schedule|
|Zones||Nematodes & Encapsulated Worms|
|1A||5/13/20 - 10/30/20|
|1B - 2A||5/13/20 - 10/30/20|
|2B - 3B||4/29/20 - 10/30/20|
|4A - 6A||4/15/20 - 10/30/20|
|6B - 7A||4/8/20 - 10/30/20|
|7B - 8B||3/11/20 - 10/30/20|
|9A - 10B||2/25/20 - 10/30/20|
|Last Order Date||10/23/2020|
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order--via the U.S. Postal Service or United Parcel Service. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the continental United States.