Bailey Virginia Peanut
- Yields medium to large kernels
- Displays good disease resistance
AE AK GU HI PR
Tolerant of various weather conditions this Virginia-type variety has shown a strong resistance to disease and is known for producing high yields. It has also displayed good tolerance to a variety of weather and growth conditions. It produces medium to large kernels. Good roasted or for use in peanut butter or candies. Treated Seed. 145 days to maturity.
- Botanical Name: Arachis hypogaea 'Bailey'
- Season: both Spring & Fall
- Sun/Shade: Full Sun
- Height: 1-1 1/2 feet
- Spacing: 4-6 inches apart, in rows 30 inches apart.
- Zone: 3-9 (Annual)
- Spread: 1-1 1/2 feet
- Foliage: Medium green foliage.
- Depth: 1 1/2 inches
- Days to Maturity: 145 days
- Yield: High yields
- Soil Preference: Well-drained, loose, sandy soil; avoid heavy clay soils.
- Growth Rate: Moderate growth rate.
- Pruning: None needed.
- Form: Annual. Bush - type plant.
- Flowers: Small yellow flowers.
Orders for in-stock seeds and hardgoods are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below:
|2019 Insects Shipping Schedule|
|Zones||Lacewings, Lady Beetles & Encapsulated Earthworms||Nematodes|
|1A||5/3 - 11/1||5/10 - 11/1|
|1B - 2A||5/10 - 11/1||5/10 - 11/1|
|2B - 3B||4/26 - 11/1||4/26 - 11/1|
|4A - 6A||4/12 - 11/1||4/12 - 11/1|
|6B - 7A||4/5 - 11/1||4/5 - 11/1|
|7B - 8B||3/8 - 11/1||3/8 - 11/1|
|9A - 10B||2/22 - 11/1||2/22 - 11/1|
|Last Order Date||10/28/2019||10/28/2019|
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order--via the U.S. Postal Service or United Parcel Service. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the continental United States.