Our most popular baby beet
Pablo Hybrid Beet
Our most popular baby beet
- Perfectly round fruits with dark red flesh
- Delicious as baby beets or at full maturity
- Early to mature with high yields
- Great for containers
Pablo beets are perfectly round with dark red flesh and no zoning—that is, no variation in that beautiful red color. Harvest Pablo when young for delicious baby beets (perfect for container gardening with our Grow Tubs®!), or at full maturity for a longer harvesting window without compromising flavor or texture. These award-winning beets boast high yields and are quick to mature. They'll store well and, unlike many beets, resist the tendency to become woody. Be sure to try cooking the leaves, too! Beet leaves are edible and delicious, with a wonderful, subtle flavor perfect for bringing something deliciously different to salads, soups and sandwiches. 49 days to maturity.
- Botanical Name: Beta vulgaris 'pablo'
- Season: both Spring & Fall
- Sun/Shade: Full Sun
- Height: 12 inches
- Spacing: 3 - 4 inches between plants and 12 - 24 inches between rows.
- Zone: 2 - 11 (Annual)
- Spread: 6 inches
- Color: Deep red
- Foliage: Green, heart-shaped leaves.
- Depth: 1/2 inch
- Blooms: Harvest in summer to fall. Zones 8-10 may harvest in winter.
- Germination: 5 - 10 days
- Days to Maturity: 49 days
- Yield: High yields
- Soil Preference: Deep, rich, sandy soil with a neutral pH. 7.0
- Growth Rate: Moderate growth rate.
- Form: Root vegetable with upright foliage.
- Seed Count: Approximately 200 seeds per packet. Seed Mat has approximately 120 seeds.
- Pollinator: Self
Orders for in-stock seeds and hardgoods are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below:
|2019 Insects Shipping Schedule|
|Zones||Lacewings, Lady Beetles & Encapsulated Earthworms||Nematodes|
|1A||5/3 - 11/1||5/10 - 11/1|
|1B - 2A||5/10 - 11/1||5/10 - 11/1|
|2B - 3B||4/26 - 11/1||4/26 - 11/1|
|4A - 6A||4/12 - 11/1||4/12 - 11/1|
|6B - 7A||4/5 - 11/1||4/5 - 11/1|
|7B - 8B||3/8 - 11/1||3/8 - 11/1|
|9A - 10B||2/22 - 11/1||2/22 - 11/1|
|Last Order Date||10/28/2019||10/28/2019|
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order--via the U.S. Postal Service or United Parcel Service. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the continental United States.