A garden staple
A garden staple
- Great for Italian and Mediterranean recipes
- Slightly peppery taste
- Aids in digestion and boosts immunity
- Easy-to-dry perennial that will produce for years
Oregano is a must-have for home cooks who love Italian and Mediterranean recipes! Its slightly peppery bite livens up everything from sauces to pizzas to veggie dishes, and can be used fresh or dried. Known to energize, rejuvenate and detoxify the body, oregano also aids in digestion, boosts immunity and protects against bacteria. Plant in well-drained, light, sandy soil that isn't too rich, and be sure it gets full sunlight. Oregano is great for container gardening either indoors or outdoors. Try it with our Grow Tubs, which fit perfectly on porches, backyard decks, and sunny patios. 90 days to maturity.
- Botanical Name: Origanum vulgare
- Season: both Spring & Fall
- Sun/Shade: Full Sun
- Height: 12 - 24 inches
- Spacing: 18 inches between mature plants.
- Zone: 4 - 9
- Spread: 18 - 24 inches
- Foliage: Green foliage.
- Depth: 1/8 inch deep. Set plants at the same level as in the pot.
- Germination: 5 - 10 days
- Days to Maturity: 90 days
- Soil Preference: Well-drained, light, sandy, not rich soil.
- Growth Rate: Medium growth rate.
- Form: Perennial. Herb.
- Seed Count: Approximately 250 seeds per packet.
Orders for in-stock seeds and hardgoods are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below:
|2019 Insects Shipping Schedule|
|Zones||Lacewings, Lady Beetles & Encapsulated Earthworms||Nematodes|
|1A||5/3 - 11/1||5/10 - 11/1|
|1B - 2A||5/10 - 11/1||5/10 - 11/1|
|2B - 3B||4/26 - 11/1||4/26 - 11/1|
|4A - 6A||4/12 - 11/1||4/12 - 11/1|
|6B - 7A||4/5 - 11/1||4/5 - 11/1|
|7B - 8B||3/8 - 11/1||3/8 - 11/1|
|9A - 10B||2/22 - 11/1||2/22 - 11/1|
|Last Order Date||10/28/2019||10/28/2019|
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order--via the U.S. Postal Service or United Parcel Service. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the continental United States.