Support the pollinators
Native Butterfly Plant Mix
Support the pollinators
- Milkweed leaves are the only food monarch caterpillars can eat
- Drought tolerant
- Easy-care perennial
AE AK GU HI PR
Named the 2018 Perennial Plant of the Year, Native Butterfly Plant Mix is just a win-win for the garden. It's vibrant colors are instantly eye-catching, it's drought tolerant and easy to grow. But more importantly, it provides the nourishment that's vital to the survival of the dwindling Monarch Butterfly population. The flowers are a nectar source for Monarchs and other butterflies, while the leaves are the sole food source for monarch larvae. Enjoy this easy-care beauty and feel good about doing your part to help pollinators.
Light Requirements: Full Sun
Height: 24-32 inches
Bloom Time: Mid to late summer
- Botanical Name: Asclepias tuberosa 'Gay Butterflies'
- Season: Fall
- Sun/Shade: Full sun.
- Height: 24-32 inches.
- Spacing: 18-24 inches.
- Zone: 4-9
- Spread: 18-24 inches.
- Color: Mixed: red, orange, yellow, pink.
- Foliage: Alternate, lanceolate or oblong, 2-6" long and 1/4 to 1" wide.
- Depth: Plant the root no more than one inch below the soil. If there is any growth coming off of the root, that would face up.
- Blooms: Mid to late summer.
- Soil Preference: Well drained, dry , infertile sandy soils. Doesn't like wet soils. Cannot compete with surface rooted trees.
- Growth Rate: Fast growth rate.
- Pruning: Deadheading can prolong blooming time. Allow foliage to die back.
- Form: Upright
- Flowers: Milkweed-like blossoms. Flowers about 1/4" across in short umbel-like cymes or clusters.
Orders for in-stock seeds and hardgoods are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below:
|2019 Insects Shipping Schedule|
|Zones||Lacewings, Lady Beetles & Encapsulated Earthworms||Nematodes|
|1A||5/3 - 11/1||5/10 - 11/1|
|1B - 2A||5/10 - 11/1||5/10 - 11/1|
|2B - 3B||4/26 - 11/1||4/26 - 11/1|
|4A - 6A||4/12 - 11/1||4/12 - 11/1|
|6B - 7A||4/5 - 11/1||4/5 - 11/1|
|7B - 8B||3/8 - 11/1||3/8 - 11/1|
|9A - 10B||2/22 - 11/1||2/22 - 11/1|
|Last Order Date||10/28/2019||10/28/2019|
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order--via the U.S. Postal Service or United Parcel Service. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the continental United States.