Sweeter than red bells
Mega Gold Hybrid Sweet Pepper
Sweeter than red bells
- Large, brilliant gold bells
- Huge fruits, up to 8 inches
- Even sweeter than red bells
- Very high yields
AE AK GU HI PR
Mega Gold Hybrid produces generous yields of huge, vibrant gold bells up to 8 inches. Peppers ripen from glossy green to golden yellow and have a flavor even sweeter than red bells. Mega Gold is great for eating fresh, chopping into salads, sautéing or roasting—adds a delicious layer of flavor to any dish. 80 days to maturity.
- Botanical Name: Capsicum annuum '62704'
- Season: both Spring & Fall
- Sun/Shade: Full Sun
- Height: 24 - 36 inches.
- Spacing: 12 - 24 inches apart.
- Zone: 3-9
- Spread: 24 - 28 inches.
- Foliage: Glossy green, typical of peppers.
- Depth: Plant seeds 1/4 inch deep. Plants at the same depth as in the pot.
- Germination: 10 - 15 Days
- Days to Maturity: 80 Days
- Yield: Very high yields.
- Fruit: Large brilliant gold bells ripen from green to gold, 8-inch long fruit.
- Soil Preference: Well-drained, light, moderately fertile soil, high in organic matter.
- Growth Rate: Moderate growth rate.
- Pruning: None needed.
- Form: Vegetable, Pepper, Sweet Pepper
- Flowers: Small white flowers.
- Seed Count: 10 seeds per packet.
- Pollinator: Self pollinating.
- Size: 10 Seed Pkt
Orders for in-stock seeds and hardgoods are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below:
|Fall 2020 Shipping Schedule|
|Zones||All Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A-4A||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|4B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|5A||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|5B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|6A||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|6B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|7A||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|7B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|8A & B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|9A & B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|10A & B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|Last Order Date||10/26/2020|
|2020 Insects Shipping Schedule|
|Zones||Nematodes & Encapsulated Worms|
|1A||5/13/20 - 10/30/20|
|1B - 2A||5/13/20 - 10/30/20|
|2B - 3B||4/29/20 - 10/30/20|
|4A - 6A||4/15/20 - 10/30/20|
|6B - 7A||4/8/20 - 10/30/20|
|7B - 8B||3/11/20 - 10/30/20|
|9A - 10B||2/25/20 - 10/30/20|
|Last Order Date||10/23/2020|
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order--via the U.S. Postal Service or United Parcel Service. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the continental United States.