AE AK CA GA GU HI MI OR PR WA
- Botanical Name: Vaccinium corymbosum 'Ka-Bluey'; Family: Ericaceae
- Season: Fall
- Sun/Shade: Full sun
- Height: 4 - 6 feet
- Spacing: 6 feet
- Zone: 4 - 8
- Spread: 4 - 6 feet
- Color: Yellow-white flowers.
- Foliage: Medium green foliage, turning glossy-reddish in the Fall.
- Depth: Plant at the same depth as in the nursery.
- Blooms: Spring - May
- Days to Maturity: Blueberry plants can talke three to four years to bear fruit. The Jumbo plants will produce their first crop as early as the second year after planting.
- Yield: In normal (well cared for) conditions you can expect somewhere between 11 - 14 pints of fruit from a mature Ka-Bluey plant.
- Fruit: Small to medium sized berries, popping crisp texture, deep dusky blue-purple color, firm and round.
- Soil Preference: Acidic, moist soil with lots of organic matter and very sandy. ph 4.5 - 5.5.
- Growth Rate: Vigorous growth rate.
- Pruning: Prune out leggy small twigs for better berries.
- Form: Upright bush
- Pollinator: Self pollinating, but plant another variety for better yields.
- Size: 1/4 inch blossoms.
- Restricted States: AE AK CA GA GU HI MI OR PR WA
Orders for in-stock seeds and hardgoods are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below:
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|Zones||All Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A - 6B||9/14/18 - 10/26/18|
|7A - 10B||8/31/18 - 11/09/18|
|Zones 1-6: 10/22/2018
Zones 7-10: 11/5/2018
|2018 Insects Shipping Schedule|
|Zones||Lacewings, Lady Beetles &|
|1A||5/4/18 - 11/2/18||5/11/18 - 11/2/18|
|1B - 2A||5/11/18 - 11/2/18||5/11/18 - 11/2/18|
|2B - 3B||4/27/18 - 11/2/18||4/27/18 - 11/2/18|
|4A - 6A||4/13/18 - 11/2/18||4/13/18 - 11/2/18|
|6B - 7A||4/6/18 - 11/2/18||4/6/18 - 11/2/18|
|7B - 8B||3/9/18 - 11/2/18||3/9/18 - 11/2/18|
|9A - 10B||2/23/18 - 11/2/18||2/23/18 - 11/2/18|
|Last Order Date||10/29/2018||10/29/2018|
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order—via the U.S. Postal Service or United Parcel Service. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the continental United States.