Large berries, high-yielding
Patriot Jumbo Blueberry
Large berries, high-yielding
- Large, firm blueberries
- Great for fall landscapes and a wide variety of soil types
- High in antioxidants
- Great disease resistance
- Produces up to 20 lbs of blueberries per season
AE AK CA GU HI PR
The berries of Patriot are larger and firmer than most, with the plant producing up to 20 lbs of berries per season! Each tight cluster bears large, slightly flat, medium-size blue berries surrounded by rich green leaves. The low-to-the-ground, spreading bush also makes an excellent landscape choice, with leaves turning colors in autumn. For the best berries, find Patriot Jumbo a home in acidic, moist, organic, well-drained soil in full sunlight. Blueberries are higher in antioxidants than almost any other fruit or vegetable, so enjoy them right from the blueberry bush, or incorporate into your favorite baked goods. We love them in pancakes, muffins, and parfaits. 18-30" bareroot. Zones 3-7.
- Botanical Name: Vaccinium corymbosum 'Patriot'
- Season: Spring
- Sun/Shade: Full Sun
- Height: 4 - 6 feet.
- Spacing: 4 - 6 feet.
- Zone: 3-7
- Spread: 5 feet.
- Color: White, often tinged pink.
- Foliage: Dark green, ovate, to 3".
- Depth: Set and the same soil level it is growing at in the container. Firm and water in thoroughly.
- Blooms: Mid Spring, Late Spring
- Yield: Approximately 10 - 20 pounds at maturity.
- Fruit: Tight clusters of large, slightly flat, medium blue berries.
- Soil Preference: Acidic, moist, organic, well-drained soil. pH should be 4.5 to 5.5.
- Growth Rate: Medium once established, which takes approximately 4 - 6 weeks.
- Pruning: Blueberries should be pruned during the winter while the bushes are dormant. In Winter, flower buds are easily visible on one-year-old wood and their numbers can be adjusted by pruning to regulate the crop load for the coming year.
- Form: Fruit, Small Fruit, Blueberry
- Flowers: Small, urn-shaped flowers, borne in auxiliary clusters. 1/4-inch, white blossoms.
- Pollinator: Self-pollinating. Another highbush variety will increase yields.
- Size: Jumbo Bareroot
Orders for in-stock seeds and hardgoods are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below:
|Fall 2020 Shipping Schedule|
|Zones||All Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A-4A||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|4B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|5A||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|5B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|6A||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|6B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|7A||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|7B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|8A & B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|9A & B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|10A & B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|Last Order Date||10/26/2020|
|2020 Insects Shipping Schedule|
|Zones||Nematodes & Encapsulated Worms|
|1A||5/13/20 - 10/30/20|
|1B - 2A||5/13/20 - 10/30/20|
|2B - 3B||4/29/20 - 10/30/20|
|4A - 6A||4/15/20 - 10/30/20|
|6B - 7A||4/8/20 - 10/30/20|
|7B - 8B||3/11/20 - 10/30/20|
|9A - 10B||2/25/20 - 10/30/20|
|Last Order Date||10/23/2020|
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order--via the U.S. Postal Service or United Parcel Service. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the continental United States.