A baker's favorite blueberry
Jersey Jumbo Blueberry
A baker's favorite blueberry
- Small-to-medium blueberries
- Great for baking
- Adapts well to all areas since it's winter hardy
- Grows 6-8' tall with lovely ornamental foliage
AE AK CA GU HI PR
Bakers love the medium-size, sweet-tasting Jersey Jumbo blueberry, since its rich blue berries are a perfect choice for tarts, muffins and coffee cakes&em;or simply eating fresh off the bush. It produces long, loose clusters of small to medium, light blue berries that are deliciously juicy. It's no wonder Jersey Jumbo is one of the most widely grown varieties of blueberry around! The bush grows 6-8' tall in a wide range of soil types, always producing heavy, reliable crops. In the fall, its beautiful waxy, deep green foliage turns a brilliant orange-flame color, making it a beautiful ornamental. Ripens in late July. Zones 3-8. 18-30" bareroot.
- Botanical Name: Vaccinium corymbosum 'Jersey'
- Season: Spring
- Sun/Shade: Full Sun
- Height: 5 - 7 feet.
- Spacing: 4 - 6 feet
- Zone: 3-8
- Spread: 4 - 6 feet.
- Color: White, possibly tinged pink.
- Foliage: Large, waxy, deep green foliage. Turns brilliant orange-flame color in the Fall.
- Depth: Plant at the same depth as in the nursery.
- Blooms: Mid Spring, Late Spring
- Yield: Approximately 7 - 10 pounds at maturity.
- Fruit: Long loose clusters of small-medium, juicy, light blue berries.
- Soil Preference: Acidic Soil
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Pruning: Blueberries should be pruned during the Winter while the bushes are dormant. In Winter, flower buds are easily visible on one-year-old wood and their numbers can be adjusted by pruning to regulate the crop load for the coming year.
- Form: Fruit, Small Fruit, Blueberry
- Flowers: 1/4-inch, white blossoms.
- Pollinator: Self pollinating. Planting a Bluecrop or a Highbush variety will increase yields.
- Size: Jumbo Bareroot
Orders for in-stock seeds and hardgoods are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below:
|Fall 2020 Shipping Schedule|
|Zones||All Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A-4A||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|4B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|5A||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|5B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|6A||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|6B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|7A||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|7B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|8A & B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|9A & B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|10A & B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|Last Order Date||10/26/2020|
|2020 Insects Shipping Schedule|
|Zones||Nematodes & Encapsulated Worms|
|1A||5/13/20 - 10/30/20|
|1B - 2A||5/13/20 - 10/30/20|
|2B - 3B||4/29/20 - 10/30/20|
|4A - 6A||4/15/20 - 10/30/20|
|6B - 7A||4/8/20 - 10/30/20|
|7B - 8B||3/11/20 - 10/30/20|
|9A - 10B||2/25/20 - 10/30/20|
|Last Order Date||10/23/2020|
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order--via the U.S. Postal Service or United Parcel Service. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the continental United States.