- Medium-sized sweet fruit
- Heavy, reliable producer
- Northern highbush variety
- Ripens in late July
- Grows 6-8 feet tall
AE AK CA GA GU HI MI OR PR WA
- Botanical Name: Vaccinium corymbosum 'Jersey'; Family: Ericaceae
- Season: Fall
- Sun/Shade: Full Sun
- Height: 5 - 7 feet.
- Spacing: 4 - 6 feet
- Zone: 3 - 8 (-30° F.)
- Spread: 4 - 6 feet.
- Color: White blossoms.
- Foliage: Large, waxy, deep green foliage. Turns brilliant orange-flame color in the Fall.
- Depth: Plant at the same depth as in the nursery.
- Blooms: May
- Yield: Approximately 7 - 10 pounds at maturity.
- Fruit: Long loose clusters of small-medium, juicy, light blue berries.
- Soil Preference: Acidic, moist, organic, well-drained soil. pH should be 4.5 to 5.5.
- Growth Rate: Medium growth rate.
- Pruning: Blueberries should be pruned during the Winter while the bushes are dormant. In Winter, flower buds are easily visible on one-year-old wood and their numbers can be adjusted by pruning to regulate the crop load for the coming year.
- Form: Rounded. Perennial shrub.
- Flowers: Small white flowers.
- Pollinator: Self pollinating. Planting a Bluecrop or a Highbush variety will increase yields.
- Size: 1/4-inch blossoms.
Orders for in-stock seeds and hardgoods are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below:
|2019 Insects Shipping Schedule|
|Zones||Lacewings, Lady Beetles & Encapsulated Earthworms||Nematodes|
|1A||5/3 - 11/1||5/10 - 11/1|
|1B - 2A||5/10 - 11/1||5/10 - 11/1|
|2B - 3B||4/26 - 11/1||4/26 - 11/1|
|4A - 6A||4/12 - 11/1||4/12 - 11/1|
|6B - 7A||4/5 - 11/1||4/5 - 11/1|
|7B - 8B||3/8 - 11/1||3/8 - 11/1|
|9A - 10B||2/22 - 11/1||2/22 - 11/1|
|Last Order Date||10/28/2019||10/28/2019|
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order--via the U.S. Postal Service or United Parcel Service. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the continental United States.