Gurney's® Primo Jalapeno Hybrid Hot Pepper
- Heavy producer
- Thick-walled fruits perfect for stuffing
- Hot, pungent flavor is perfect for spicy dishes
Big, vigorous plants yield large crops of 4 ½ in. high-quality peppers. Thick-walled, tasty fruits start out dark green and turn to fiery red and are perfect for stuffing or baking. Fruits are hot and pungent—great for nachos, jalapeno poppers, chili and salsa. 70 days to maturity.
- Botanical Name: Capsicum annuum 'Gurney's® Primo Jalapeno'
- Season: both Spring & Fall
- Sun/Shade: Full Sun
- Height: 30 - 34 inches.
- Spacing: 18 - 24 inches between plants, 24 - 36 inches between rows.
- Zone: 3-10
- Spread: 18 - 20 inches.
- Foliage: Medium green foliage.
- Depth: Seeds 1/4 inch. Plants at the same level as the pot.
- Germination: 10 - 20 Days
- Days to Maturity: 70 Days
- Yield: 60 lbs/ 100 foot row.
- Fruit: Very Long 4 1/2 inches, tapered, extra large peppers. Dark green, turning to red.
- Soil Preference: Rich, well-drained soil.
- Growth Rate: Moderate growth rate.
- Pruning: None needed.
- Form: Vegetable, Pepper, Hot Pepper
- Flowers: Small white blossoms.
- Seed Count: Approximately 25 seeds per packet.
- Pollinator: Self-pollinating.
- Size: 25 Seed Pkt
Orders for in-stock seeds and hardgoods are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below:
|Fall 2020 Shipping Schedule|
|Zones||All Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A-4A||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|4B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|5A||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|5B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|6A||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|6B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|7A||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|7B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|8A & B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|9A & B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|10A & B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|Last Order Date||10/26/2020|
|2020 Insects Shipping Schedule|
|Zones||Nematodes & Encapsulated Worms|
|1A||5/13/20 - 10/30/20|
|1B - 2A||5/13/20 - 10/30/20|
|2B - 3B||4/29/20 - 10/30/20|
|4A - 6A||4/15/20 - 10/30/20|
|6B - 7A||4/8/20 - 10/30/20|
|7B - 8B||3/11/20 - 10/30/20|
|9A - 10B||2/25/20 - 10/30/20|
|Last Order Date||10/23/2020|
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order--via the U.S. Postal Service or United Parcel Service. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the continental United States.