Early Maturing Variety
Aji Rico Hybrid Hot Pepper
Early Maturing Variety
- Vigorous grower
- Matures early
- Great for northern gardens
- Peppers can be harvested green or red
Great for farmers' markets since it's ready so much sooner than other varieties. Crispy, thin-walled peppers have a unique, refreshing citrus flavor and warm heat. Perfect cooked or eaten fresh.
- Botanical Name: Capsicum annuum 'Aji Rico'
- Season: both Spring & Fall
- Sun/Shade: Full Sun
- Height: 30 - 36 inches
- Spacing: 24 - 36 inches
- Zone: 3 - 9 (Annual)
- Spread: 36 - 48 inches
- Foliage: Green, hairy leaves.
- Depth: Plant seeds 1/4 inch deep. Start seeds indoors 6 - 8 weeks before the last frost date. The plants should be planted at the same depth as in the pots.
- Days to Maturity: 50-55 days to green. 70-75 days to red.
- Yield: Produces high yields.
- Fruit: Narrow, conical fruit, 3-4 inches long. Ripens from green to red. Has a refreshing citrus flavor with warm heat. Heat increases later in the season.
- Soil Preference: Well-drained, light, moderately fertile soil, high in organic matter.
- Growth Rate: Moderate growth rate.
- Pruning: None needed.
- Form: Upright, mounded
- Flowers: Small white flowers.
- Seed Count: 10 seeds per packet.
Orders for in-stock seeds and hardgoods are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below:
|2019 Insects Shipping Schedule|
|Zones||Lacewings, Lady Beetles & Encapsulated Earthworms||Nematodes|
|1A||5/3 - 11/1||5/10 - 11/1|
|1B - 2A||5/10 - 11/1||5/10 - 11/1|
|2B - 3B||4/26 - 11/1||4/26 - 11/1|
|4A - 6A||4/12 - 11/1||4/12 - 11/1|
|6B - 7A||4/5 - 11/1||4/5 - 11/1|
|7B - 8B||3/8 - 11/1||3/8 - 11/1|
|9A - 10B||2/22 - 11/1||2/22 - 11/1|
|Last Order Date||10/28/2019||10/28/2019|
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order--via the U.S. Postal Service or United Parcel Service. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the continental United States.