Perfect for Stuffing
Gurney's Giant II Hybrid Sweet Pepper
Perfect for Stuffing
- Blocky fruits up to 6 inches
- Thick walled
- Generous yields
- Ideal for stuffed peppers
- Great for eating fresh or tossing into salads
Big, blocky 6-inch peppers are thick-walled making them the perfect stuffers. Gurney's Giant II Hybrid produces generous yields of sweet, juicy bells that ripen from green to red. This variety is also delicious for fresh eating and tossing into salads. 70 days to maturity.
- Botanical Name: Capiscum annuum Gurney's Giant II Hybrid
- Season: both Spring & Fall
- Sun/Shade: Full sun.
- Height: 28 inches.
- Spacing: When transplanting: 18 - 24 inches apart in rows 24 - 36 inches apart.
- Zone: 3 - 10 annual.
- Spread: 18 inches.
- Foliage: Medium green foliage.
- Depth: Seeds 1/4 inch. Plants at same level as in the pot.
- Germination: 10 - 20 days.
- Days to Maturity: 70 days.
- Yield: 60 lbs. per 100 foot row.
- Fruit: Big, blocky, up to 6 inch fruits with thick meaty walls. Ripens from green to red. 4 - 6 inches long x 4 - 6 inches wide. Four lobed fruit.
- Soil Preference: Rich, well-drained soil.
- Growth Rate: Moderate growth rate.
- Pruning: None needed.
- Form: Upright. Annual.
- Flowers: White blossoms.
- Seed Count: Approximately 35 seeds per packet.
- Pollinator: Self pollinating.
Orders for in-stock seeds and hardgoods are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below:
|2019 Insects Shipping Schedule|
|Zones||Lacewings, Lady Beetles & Encapsulated Earthworms||Nematodes|
|1A||5/3 - 11/1||5/10 - 11/1|
|1B - 2A||5/10 - 11/1||5/10 - 11/1|
|2B - 3B||4/26 - 11/1||4/26 - 11/1|
|4A - 6A||4/12 - 11/1||4/12 - 11/1|
|6B - 7A||4/5 - 11/1||4/5 - 11/1|
|7B - 8B||3/8 - 11/1||3/8 - 11/1|
|9A - 10B||2/22 - 11/1||2/22 - 11/1|
|Last Order Date||10/28/2019||10/28/2019|
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order--via the U.S. Postal Service or United Parcel Service. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the continental United States.