Gurney's® Blue Ribbon Hybrid Broccoli
- Yields giant, green-blue heads
- Produces side shoots throughout the season
- Early harvest
- Sweet, non-bitter flavor
- Buttery-tender texture
AE AK GU HI PR
The hands-down winner in our 2014 broccoli trials for best taste and texture. This variety is also heavy yielding with large, blue-green heads. Continues to produce side shoots throughout the season.
- Botanical Name: Brassica oleracea '11000'
- Season: both Spring & Fall
- Sun/Shade: Full Sun
- Height: 3 feet.
- Spacing: 3 - 4 feet.
- Zone: 2-10
- Spread: 3 - 4 feet.
- Foliage: Dark blue-green foliage.
- Depth: 1/4 inch.
- Blooms: Mid Summer, Late Summer
- Germination: 5-10 days.
- Days to Maturity: 52 Days
- Yield: Very heavy yield.
- Fruit: Very large blue-green heads with excellent flavor and tender texture. Ample side-shoots after main head is harvested.
- Soil Preference: Rich, well-drained soil, high in organic material.
- Growth Rate: Moderate growth rate.
- Form: Vegetable, Seeds, Broccoli
- Flowers: Small, sulphur-yellow flowers.
- Seed Count: Approximately 100 seeds per packet.
- Size: 100 Seed Pkt
Orders for in-stock seeds and hardgoods are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below:
|Fall 2020 Shipping Schedule|
|Zones||All Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A-4A||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|4B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|5A||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|5B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|6A||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|6B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|7A||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|7B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|8A & B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|9A & B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|10A & B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|Last Order Date||10/26/2020|
|2020 Insects Shipping Schedule|
|Zones||Nematodes & Encapsulated Worms|
|1A||5/13/20 - 10/30/20|
|1B - 2A||5/13/20 - 10/30/20|
|2B - 3B||4/29/20 - 10/30/20|
|4A - 6A||4/15/20 - 10/30/20|
|6B - 7A||4/8/20 - 10/30/20|
|7B - 8B||3/11/20 - 10/30/20|
|9A - 10B||2/25/20 - 10/30/20|
|Last Order Date||10/23/2020|
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order--via the U.S. Postal Service or United Parcel Service. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the continental United States.