The first continually fruiting grape!
RazzMatazz® Seedless Grape
The first continually fruiting grape!
- Continually fruiting seedless grape
- Disease resistant
- Requires no sprays
- Yields from midsummer to first frost
- ¼" - ⅜" bite-sized fruit
- Easy to harvest
Overwinter Care Guide for Containerized RazzMatazz Grapes Zones 6 and North
AE AK CA GU HI ID OR PR WA
If you'd really like to grow grapes, but past attempts have left you sour, consider giving RazzMatazz® a try! RazzMatazz is a grape-growing breakthrough! Backed by more than 20 years of research and testing, it's the first seedless grape to grow successfully without any spraying! RazzMatazz was cultivated to combine the flavor and texture of table grapes with the disease resistance and native hardiness of muscadines. It's a seedless grape, but also a continually-fruiting variety, which means it will set blooms and yield grapes from midsummer to first frost. Small-sized fruit can be picked in bunches—making harvest easy. Fruit simply glows in the sunshine, creating a stunning display and the flavor is incomparable to anything we've tasted. RazzMatazz produces 1/4" - 3/8" bite-sized gems bursting with sweet, refreshing flavor. Self-pollinating. Potted Plant. Zones 7-9. Not available in CA, ID, OR, WA.
Fun Fact: Because RazzMatazz was cultivated to combine the flavor of table grapes with the hardiness and disease resistance of muscadines, you can have success growing this grape without the use of any sprays! Just be sure to give each vine about 15 feet of growing space on an arbor, trellis or fence with at least 8 hours of sunlight, and you'll enjoy grapes all season long. RazzMatazz can also be trellised and pruned for container growing and makes a lovely hanging basket, too. For colder climates, plant in a container and overwinter in a protected area, such as an unheated garage.
This variety is protected under the following U.S. Patents: U.S. Utility Patent No. 9,045,767 and U.S. Plant Patent No. PP31,010. Unauthorized use and propagation is prohibited.
- Botanical Name: Vitis rotundifolia '05-22-3-27' U.S. Patent No. 9045767 PP31010
- Season: Fall
- Sun/Shade: Full sun
- Spacing: 8 - 12 feet
- Zone: 7 - 9 (0 F. Winter temperature threshold).
- Spread: 8 - 12 feet.
- Foliage: Green foliage.
- Depth: Plant so the roots are below the soil.
- Yield: 60-85 pounds at maturity (3-4 years). RazzMatazz does not produce its entire crop at one time. It is spread out over its season - from midsummer to frost.
- Fruit: Has a floral aroma and sweet flavor. Mature fruit is a deep dark red. Grapes are about the size of a nickel. Boasts a rich, sweet flavor with a touch of effervescence and popping crisp texture. Brix rating 16-17.
- Soil Preference: Well-drained, slightly acidic, sandy loam soil.
- Growth Rate: Medium to fast growth rate.
- Pruning: We recommend spur pruning for this variety. The "trunk" or leader on the Razzmatazz plant is grown so that you can enjoy some fruit the first year. You can train the new shoot growth to accommodate whatever trellis you have to grow it on. If you have a standard grape trellis you can just train the top most shoot up to your cross arm and pinch it there to get the shoot to branch and make your two curtains.
- Form: Vining
- Pollinator: Self pollinating.
Orders for in-stock seeds and hardgoods are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below:
|2019 Insects Shipping Schedule|
|Zones||Lacewings, Lady Beetles & Encapsulated Earthworms||Nematodes|
|1A||5/3 - 11/1||5/10 - 11/1|
|1B - 2A||5/10 - 11/1||5/10 - 11/1|
|2B - 3B||4/26 - 11/1||4/26 - 11/1|
|4A - 6A||4/12 - 11/1||4/12 - 11/1|
|6B - 7A||4/5 - 11/1||4/5 - 11/1|
|7B - 8B||3/8 - 11/1||3/8 - 11/1|
|9A - 10B||2/22 - 11/1||2/22 - 11/1|
|Last Order Date||10/28/2019||10/28/2019|
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order--via the U.S. Postal Service or United Parcel Service. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the continental United States.