Midnight Queen Hybrid Eggplant
- Sweet & delicious
- Yields the entire summer
- Flesh doesn't turn brown
Vigorous and hardy, Midnight Queen is easy to grow and withstands drought, pest and disease. It has slow-to-develop seed which means a longer picking window. In fact, this variety will yield the entire summer. Fruits are 6-8 in. with glossy, purple-black skin and can weigh over ½ lb. each. Bright white flesh is meaty and succulent and won't turn brown when cut. Delicious baked, grilled or added to Asian dishes and stir fries. 55 days to maturity.
- Botanical Name: Solanum melongena '2300'
- Season: both Spring & Fall
- Sun/Shade: Full Sun
- Height: 33 inches.
- Spacing: 18 - 24 inches between plants; 30 - 42 inches between rows.
- Zone: 3-9
- Spread: 32 inches.
- Foliage: White and lavender.
- Depth: Lightly cover if planting seeds. Plant the plants at the same depth as in the pot.
- Germination: 7 - 14 Days
- Days to Maturity: 55 Days
- Fruit: 6-8 inch fruits with glossy purple-black skin can weigh over 1/2 lb. Sweet and delicious - never bitter.
- Soil Preference: Well-drained, enriched soil.
- Growth Rate: Moderate growth rate.
- Form: Vegetable, Eggplant
- Flowers: White and lavender flowers.
- Seed Count: Approximately 30 seeds per packet.
- Size: 30 Seed Pkt
Orders for in-stock seeds and hardgoods are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below:
|Fall 2020 Shipping Schedule|
|Zones||All Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A-4A||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|4B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|5A||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|5B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|6A||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|6B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|7A||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|7B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|8A & B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|9A & B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|10A & B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|Last Order Date||10/26/2020|
|2020 Insects Shipping Schedule|
|Zones||Nematodes & Encapsulated Worms|
|1A||5/13/20 - 10/30/20|
|1B - 2A||5/13/20 - 10/30/20|
|2B - 3B||4/29/20 - 10/30/20|
|4A - 6A||4/15/20 - 10/30/20|
|6B - 7A||4/8/20 - 10/30/20|
|7B - 8B||3/11/20 - 10/30/20|
|9A - 10B||2/25/20 - 10/30/20|
|Last Order Date||10/23/2020|
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order--via the U.S. Postal Service or United Parcel Service. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the continental United States.