Excellent blight resistance
Defiant Hybrid Tomato
Excellent blight resistance
- Perfect acid-sugar flavor balance
- Disease resistant with a particularly strong resistance to blight
- High yields
This tomato is familiar in the gardening community for its strong resistance to blight, which is how it got its name! Defiant will produce exceptionally high yields of large, 8 oz fruits all summer long. Each tomato is medium-firm in texture with a good balance of sugars and acids, making it an excellent all-purpose tomato. Whether you're making pico de gallo or need to add some flavor and color to a wrap, you'll love the taste of Defiant. It's resistant to Fusarium Wilt Race I, Early Blight Resistance, Late Blight Resistance, and Veriticillium Wilt. Determinate. 70 days to maturity.
- Botanical Name: Lycoperiscon lycopersicum 'Defiant Hybrid'
- Season: both Spring & Fall
- Sun/Shade: Full sun.
- Height: 3 feet. Determinate
- Spacing: 24 - 36 inches.
- Zone: 3 - 9 annual.
- Spread: 2 - 4 feet.
- Foliage: Medium green foliage.
- Depth: Plant outdoors after any chance of frost is past. When transplanting, set the plant deep, up to the first true leaves, by digging a deep hole or trench. The stem will develop roots along it's length.
- Blooms: Summer
- Germination: 5 - 10 days.
- Days to Maturity: 70 days from transplant.
- Yield: High yields
- Fruit: High yields of large,red 8 oz. fruits that are medium-firm textured with a good balance of sugars and acids.
- Soil Preference: Well-drained, deep, fertile soil.
- Growth Rate: Moderate growth rate.
- Pruning: Determinate tomatoes need no pruning.
- Form: Vine, Determinate
- Flowers: Small yellow flowers.
- Seed Count: Approximately 20 seeds per packet.
- Pollinator: Self pollinating.
Orders for in-stock seeds and hardgoods are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below:
|Fall 2020 Shipping Schedule|
|Zones||All Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A-4A||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|4B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|5A||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|5B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|6A||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|6B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|7A||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|7B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|8A & B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|9A & B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|10A & B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|Last Order Date||10/26/2020|
|2020 Insects Shipping Schedule|
|Zones||Nematodes & Encapsulated Worms|
|1A||5/13/20 - 10/30/20|
|1B - 2A||5/13/20 - 10/30/20|
|2B - 3B||4/29/20 - 10/30/20|
|4A - 6A||4/15/20 - 10/30/20|
|6B - 7A||4/8/20 - 10/30/20|
|7B - 8B||3/11/20 - 10/30/20|
|9A - 10B||2/25/20 - 10/30/20|
|Last Order Date||10/23/2020|
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order--via the U.S. Postal Service or United Parcel Service. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the continental United States.