A flavor favorite
Juliet™ Dwarf Cherry
A flavor favorite
- Our sweetest, tastiest dwarf cherry
- Large, dark and meaty fruits
- High yields and an easy harvest thanks to its dwarf size
AE AK CA CO GU HI ID OR PR WA
Juliet yields the tastiest, sweetest, large, deep red fruit with complex avor and meaty texture. Just 5-8' tall, it's easy to care for and doubles as an ornamental. Very high-yielding—up to 25 lbs. of fruit! Self-pollinating. Cannot ship to CO, OR, WA.
- Botanical Name: Prunus fruticosa x Prunus cerasus 'Big Red' PPAF
- Season: Fall
- Sun/Shade: Full Sun
- Height: 5 - 8 Feet
- Spacing: 5 - 7 feet
- Zone: 2-7
- Spread: 5 - 7 feet
- Color: Small, white flowers
- Foliage: Deep green foliage with a slightly glossy finish
- Blooms: Early Spring, Mid Spring, Late Spring, All Spring
- Yield: Produces yields up to 20 pounds at maturity (5-6 years after planting). It takes at least three years to get fruit, with yields increasing until the plant reaches maturity.
- Fruit: Very large, bright red, tart cherries. Brix rating 16-18.
- Soil Preference: Loamy Soil
- Growth Rate: Medium
- Pruning: Prune damaged, diseased, and dead limbs. Remove limbs that grow inward toward the center of the bush. Prune close to a third of the new growth (from that year) annually, while plants are dormant. Prune in early spring before the bush breaks dormancy. Cherry buds are either vegetative or floral. Usually the end bud and thin side buds are vegetative and most of the larger buds are floral. When pruning, do not cut off tips of branches because you might be removing the vegetative buds and will have nothing to make new shoots.
- Form: Fruit, Cherry, Dwarf Cherry, Bush Cherry
- Flowers: Typical dwarf cherry flower form
- Pollinator: Self-pollinating
- Size: Potted
Orders for in-stock seeds and hardgoods are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below:
|Fall 2020 Shipping Schedule|
|Zones||All Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A-4A||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|4B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|5A||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|5B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|6A||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|6B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|7A||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|7B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|8A & B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|9A & B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|10A & B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|Last Order Date||10/26/2020|
|2020 Insects Shipping Schedule|
|Zones||Nematodes & Encapsulated Worms|
|1A||5/13/20 - 10/30/20|
|1B - 2A||5/13/20 - 10/30/20|
|2B - 3B||4/29/20 - 10/30/20|
|4A - 6A||4/15/20 - 10/30/20|
|6B - 7A||4/8/20 - 10/30/20|
|7B - 8B||3/11/20 - 10/30/20|
|9A - 10B||2/25/20 - 10/30/20|
|Last Order Date||10/23/2020|
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order--via the U.S. Postal Service or United Parcel Service. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the continental United States.