Lots and lots of fruit
Romeo™ Dwarf Cherry
Lots and lots of fruit
AE AK CA CO GU HI ID OR PR WA
- Botanical Name: Prunus fruticosa x prunus cerasus 'Romeo'
- Season: Fall
- Sun/Shade: Full Sun
- Height: 6 - 8 Feet
- Spacing: 5 - 7 feet.
- Zone: 2-7
- Spread: 6-8'
- Color: White
- Foliage: Glossy green foliage, oval to obovate in shape, with pointed tips and serrated edges.
- Depth: Plant so that the roots are below soil level.
- Blooms: Mid Spring, Late Spring
- Yield: Up to 25 pounds of fruit per plant at maturity. The 18-24 inch tree is about a one year old bareroot tree and will bear fruit in 4 - 5 years. The Jumbo is about a 2 year old bareroot tree and will bear fruit in 3-4 years. The Gallon pot is a 3 year ol
- Fruit: Dark red cherries. Full size fruit average weight of 5 grams. Delicious mix of sweet and sour.
- Soil Preference: Well-drained, organic, sandy soil.
- Growth Rate: Medium growth rate.
- Pruning: Prune damaged, diseased, and dead limbs. Limbs that grow inward toward the center of the tree. About third of the new growth (from that year) annually, while trees are dormant. Prune in early Spring before the bush breaks dormancy. Cherry buds are either vegetative or floral. Usually the end bud and thin side buds are vegetative and most of the larger buds are floral. When pruning, do not cut off tips of branches because you might be removing the vegetative buds and will have nothing to make new shoots.
- Form: Fruit, Cherry, Dwarf Cherry
- Flowers: White pink flowers 1/2"
- Pollinator: Self-pollinating.
- Size: Potted
Orders for in-stock seeds and hardgoods are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below:
|Fall 2020 Shipping Schedule|
|Zones||All Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A-4A||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|4B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|5A||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|5B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|6A||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|6B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|7A||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|7B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|8A & B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|9A & B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|10A & B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|Last Order Date||10/26/2020|
|2020 Insects Shipping Schedule|
|Zones||Nematodes & Encapsulated Worms|
|1A||5/13/20 - 10/30/20|
|1B - 2A||5/13/20 - 10/30/20|
|2B - 3B||4/29/20 - 10/30/20|
|4A - 6A||4/15/20 - 10/30/20|
|6B - 7A||4/8/20 - 10/30/20|
|7B - 8B||3/11/20 - 10/30/20|
|9A - 10B||2/25/20 - 10/30/20|
|Last Order Date||10/23/2020|
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order--via the U.S. Postal Service or United Parcel Service. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the continental United States.