A flavor favorite
Juliet™ Dwarf Cherry
A flavor favorite
- Low suckering
- Easy to grow
- Manageable plant size--easy to pick, prune and net
- Attractive, rounded plant shape
- White blossoms
- Excellent for fresh eating
AE AK CA CO GU HI ID OR PR WA
- Botanical Name: Prunus fruticosa x Prunus cerasus 'Juliet'
- Season: Fall
- Sun/Shade: Full Sun
- Height: 5 - 10 feet.
- Spacing: 5 - 7 feet.
- Zone: 2 - 7. Hardy to -40 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spread: 5 - 7 feet.
- Foliage: Glossy green foliage, oval to obovate in shape, with pointed tips and serrated edges.
- Depth: Plant in the spring in a sunny location. Place the plant in the hole at the same level it was grown by the nursery. This is where the roots start and the tops shoots begin. Spread the roots out evenly. Gently work the soil around the roots, do not pack the soil. Water plant thoroughly.
- Blooms: Spring
- Yield: Up to 25 pounds at 5 years.
- Fruit: Dark red cherries. Full size fruit average weight of 5 grams. Large pits.
- Soil Preference: Rich, moist, well-drained soil.
- Growth Rate: Moderate growth rate.
- Pruning: Prune damaged, diseased, and dead limbs. Limbs that grow inward toward the center of the tree. About third of the new growth (from that year) annually, while trees are dormant. Prune in early Spring before the bush breaks dormancy. Cherry buds are either vegetative or floral. Usually the end bud and thin side buds are vegetative and most of the larger buds are floral. When pruning, do not cut off tips of branches because you might be removing the vegetative buds and will have nothing to make new shoots.
- Form: Dwarf habit.
- Flowers: White blossoms.
- Pollinator: Self-pollinating.
Orders for in-stock seeds and hardgoods are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below:
|2019 Insects Shipping Schedule|
|Zones||Lacewings, Lady Beetles & Encapsulated Earthworms||Nematodes|
|1A||5/3 - 11/1||5/10 - 11/1|
|1B - 2A||5/10 - 11/1||5/10 - 11/1|
|2B - 3B||4/26 - 11/1||4/26 - 11/1|
|4A - 6A||4/12 - 11/1||4/12 - 11/1|
|6B - 7A||4/5 - 11/1||4/5 - 11/1|
|7B - 8B||3/8 - 11/1||3/8 - 11/1|
|9A - 10B||2/22 - 11/1||2/22 - 11/1|
|Last Order Date||10/28/2019||10/28/2019|
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order--via the U.S. Postal Service or United Parcel Service. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the continental United States.