A cook's dream potato
A cook's dream potato
- Golden-tan skin and creamy yellow flesh
- The taste and texture of delicate new potatoes even at full maturity
- Abundant yields that are scab resistant
AE AK GU HI ID ME MT NE PR
Regarded by potato lovers as one of the most delicious varieties available, Carola has the taste and texture of delicate new potatoes even after months of storage in dry, dark places. With a golden-tan skin and creamy yellow flesh, it's an ideal potato for all culinary uses (in particular, scalloped potatoes layered with cheese, cream, and chives). Each Carola crop provides abundant yields, so be sure to take your Gathering Apron when you go to harvest them. In addition, these potatoes are disease and Scab resistant. Note that they need plentiful, constant moisture during the growing season. 80-100 days to maturity.
- Botanical Name: Solanum tuberosum 'Carola'
- Season: Spring
- Sun/Shade: Full Sun
- Height: 24 - 36 inches.
- Spacing: 12-15 inches apart in rows 30-36 inches apart.
- Zone: 3-9
- Spread: 18 - 24 inches.
- Foliage: Medium green color with a medium texture.
- Depth: 3-5 inches deep.
- Fruit: Oblong to round tubers with smooth yellowskin.
- Soil Preference: Acidic Soil
- Growth Rate: Moderate growth rate.
- Pruning: None needed.
- Form: Vegetable, potato, whole seed
- Seed Count: 2 lbs. of seed potatoes. If a seed potato is over 1 inch in diameter, you can cut them into pieces, leaving 1 - 2 eyes per piece. 2 lbs. of seed potatoes will make approximately 10 - 15 potato sets when cut and will plant a 15 foot row.
- Size: 2 Lb Whole Potatoes
Orders for in-stock seeds and hardgoods are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below:
|Fall 2020 Shipping Schedule|
|Zones||All Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A-4A||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|4B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|5A||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|5B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|6A||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|6B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|7A||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|7B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|8A & B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|9A & B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|10A & B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|Last Order Date||10/26/2020|
|2020 Insects Shipping Schedule|
|Zones||Nematodes & Encapsulated Worms|
|1A||5/13/20 - 10/30/20|
|1B - 2A||5/13/20 - 10/30/20|
|2B - 3B||4/29/20 - 10/30/20|
|4A - 6A||4/15/20 - 10/30/20|
|6B - 7A||4/8/20 - 10/30/20|
|7B - 8B||3/11/20 - 10/30/20|
|9A - 10B||2/25/20 - 10/30/20|
|Last Order Date||10/23/2020|
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order--via the U.S. Postal Service or United Parcel Service. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the continental United States.