Perfect for baking
Canela Russet Potato
Perfect for baking
- Russet-colored skin and bright white flesh
- Large, hefty, uniform potatoes
- High yields will hold up well in storage
- Great for fries, baked potatoes, and potato skins
AE AK GU HI ID ME MT NE PR
Carnela yields large, hefty, uniform potatoes with russet skin and bright white flesh. Plant in rich, well-drained loamy soil in full sunlight for the best results. They taste delicious, and are excellent for making fries or a perfect baked potato. It will look charming piled high with cheese, bacon, sour cream, and chives! Make potato skins with them, too, since the skins will crisp up in the oven with that second bake. Get the skins squeaky-clean before cooking with the Gardens Alive® Vegetable Brush. Guaranteed high yields and great storage top off this beautiful new Russet. 100-130 days to maturity.
- Botanical Name: Solanum tuberosum 'Canela' PVP
- Season: Spring
- Sun/Shade: Full sun.
- Height: 18 - 24 inches.
- Spacing: 12-15 inches apart, in rows 30 - 36 inches apart.
- Zone: 3 - 9 annual.
- Spread: 12 - 15 inches.
- Foliage: Green foliage.
- Depth: 3 - 5 inches.
- Days to Maturity: 100 - 130 days. Late season variety.
- Yield: High yields.
- Fruit: Great tasting potatoes with russet skin and bright white flesh.
- Soil Preference: Rich, well-drained loam soil.
- Growth Rate: Moderate growth rate.
- Pruning: None needed.
- Form: Annual. Vining.
- Seed Count: Two lbs. of whole potato seed will give you 10 - 12 plants when they are cut into sets.
Orders for in-stock seeds and hardgoods are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below:
|2019 Insects Shipping Schedule|
|Zones||Lacewings, Lady Beetles & Encapsulated Earthworms||Nematodes|
|1A||5/3 - 11/1||5/10 - 11/1|
|1B - 2A||5/10 - 11/1||5/10 - 11/1|
|2B - 3B||4/26 - 11/1||4/26 - 11/1|
|4A - 6A||4/12 - 11/1||4/12 - 11/1|
|6B - 7A||4/5 - 11/1||4/5 - 11/1|
|7B - 8B||3/8 - 11/1||3/8 - 11/1|
|9A - 10B||2/22 - 11/1||2/22 - 11/1|
|Last Order Date||10/28/2019||10/28/2019|
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order--via the U.S. Postal Service or United Parcel Service. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the continental United States.