Tastiest honeyberry on the market
Tastiest honeyberry on the market
- Long, deep blue berries
- Sweet, tangy flavor
- Ripens early in spring
- Incredibly cold hardy
AE AK GU HI PR
The best-flavored honeyberry variety to date! Its beautiful, fragrant white flowers bloom first, and are soon followed by beautiful blue, elongated berries. They have a sweet, tangy flavor similar to blueberries. Honeyberries are one of the first berries to ripen in the spring, and are very cold hardy. Even a late frost won't stop this plant from producing! Its high yields mean you'll have plenty of berries for munching on fresh, for turning into jam, or for enjoying with springtime desserts or yogurt parfaits. Use with our Bird Netting to protect the berries from birds. Pollinate with Aurora.
Due to a supplier issue, we will ship a potted Borealis Honeyberry plant in place of the bareroot form.
- Botanical Name: Lonicera caerulea 'Borealis'
- Season: Spring
- Sun/Shade: Partial Shade
- Height: 6 - 8 feet.
- Spacing: 4 - 5 feet.
- Zone: 3 - 9. Cold hardy.
- Spread: 4 - 5 feet.
- Color: white
- Foliage: Leaves are borne in opposite pairs on the stems. Short, oblong, medium green in color.
- Depth: Plant in the spring. Place the plant in the hole at the same level it was grown by the nursery. This is where the roots start and the tops shoots begin. Spread the roots out evenly. Gently work the soil around the roots do not pack the soil. Water plant thoroughly.
- Blooms: March - April for about 2 weeks.
- Yield: Up to 10 lbs. on mature plants.
- Fruit: Elongated blue fruit similar in size and flavor to wild blueberries. Tender berry texture with firmer skin, good for fresh eating and baking, very easy picking berries.
- Soil Preference: Moderately well-drained yet moist soil. Mulch with peat moss or aged manure to help conserve soil moisture.
- Growth Rate: Moderate growth rate.
- Pruning: Little pruning is needed on bushes younger than five years old other than removing dead, diseased, or broken branches. After that periodically remove older limbs. Ideally you should have four to six older limbs and a few younger shoots per shrub.
- Form: Upright Shrub
- Flowers: Small white flowers.
- Pollinator: Need two varieties for cross pollination. Pollinate with Aurora.
- Size: 3 - 4 "
- Restricted States: AE AK GU HI PR
Orders for in-stock seeds and hardgoods are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below:
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|Zones||All Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A - 6B||9/14/18 - 10/26/18|
|7A - 10B||8/31/18 - 11/09/18|
|Zones 1-6: 10/22/2018
Zones 7-10: 11/5/2018
|2018 Insects Shipping Schedule|
|Zones||Lacewings, Lady Beetles &|
|1A||5/4/18 - 11/2/18||5/11/18 - 11/2/18|
|1B - 2A||5/11/18 - 11/2/18||5/11/18 - 11/2/18|
|2B - 3B||4/27/18 - 11/2/18||4/27/18 - 11/2/18|
|4A - 6A||4/13/18 - 11/2/18||4/13/18 - 11/2/18|
|6B - 7A||4/6/18 - 11/2/18||4/6/18 - 11/2/18|
|7B - 8B||3/9/18 - 11/2/18||3/9/18 - 11/2/18|
|9A - 10B||2/23/18 - 11/2/18||2/23/18 - 11/2/18|
|Last Order Date||10/29/2018||10/29/2018|
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order—via the U.S. Postal Service or United Parcel Service. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the continental United States.