Our best performing gold beet
Our best performing gold beet
- Deep golden-skinned with bright yellow interior
- Delicious mild flavor when juiced, shredded or roasted
- A standout golden beet that germinates better than any we've tried
AE AK GU HI PR
At our test garden, we always had trouble with gold beets, from poor germination to weak growth to just plain old boring flavor. But with Boldor, all that changed! This variety quickly formed large, deep golden-skinned beets with brilliant yellow interiors that surprised us with their incredible taste. Boldor's excellent sweet flavor is delicious when juiced, shredded or roasted. The leaves were delicious, too! Add those young, tender leaves to your favorite salads, soups or sandwiches. Boldor will retain its bright gold color when cooked. Plant in light, well-drained soil in full sun or partial shade for best results. 55 days to maturity.
- Botanical Name: Beta vulgaris 'Boldor'
- Season: both Spring & Fall
- Sun/Shade: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height: 6 - 12 inches.
- Spacing: 3 inches apart.
- Zone: 2-10
- Spread: 1.5 - 2 inches.
- Foliage: Compact tops are light green with yellow stem and veins. Young and tender beet leaves can be used as greens.
- Depth: 1/2 inch deep.
- Germination: 5 - 8 Days
- Days to Maturity: 55 Days
- Fruit: Smooth, dark golden skin with a brilliant yellow interior. Excellent, sweet flavor.
- Soil Preference: Light, well-drained, cool soil with a pH between 6.5 and 6.8.
- Growth Rate: Modrerate growth rate.
- Pruning: N/A
- Form: Vegetable seed
- Seed Count: Approximately 200 seeds per packet.
- Size: 200 Seed Pkt
Orders for in-stock seeds and hardgoods are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below:
|Fall 2020 Shipping Schedule|
|Zones||All Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A-4A||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|4B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|5A||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|5B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|6A||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|6B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|7A||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|7B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|8A & B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|9A & B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|10A & B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|Last Order Date||10/26/2020|
|2020 Insects Shipping Schedule|
|Zones||Nematodes & Encapsulated Worms|
|1A||5/13/20 - 10/30/20|
|1B - 2A||5/13/20 - 10/30/20|
|2B - 3B||4/29/20 - 10/30/20|
|4A - 6A||4/15/20 - 10/30/20|
|6B - 7A||4/8/20 - 10/30/20|
|7B - 8B||3/11/20 - 10/30/20|
|9A - 10B||2/25/20 - 10/30/20|
|Last Order Date||10/23/2020|
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order--via the U.S. Postal Service or United Parcel Service. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the continental United States.