Bodacious RM (se) Hybrid Sweet Corn
- Bright yellow cob
- 18 rows of sweet, tender kernels per 8" ear
- Excellent disease resistance to Maize Dwarf Mosaic Virus and Rust
This sweet, flavorful variety of corn is known for its exceptionally tender kernels, which are packed in 18 full rows on every 8" ear of corn. They're great for canning and freezing, and will bring a crisp crunch to salads, side dishes, and more. As dependable as it is delicious, Bodacious has excellent disease resistance to common corn diseases such as Maize Dwarf Mosaic Virus and rust fungi. Our Bull's-Eye™ Bioinsecticide can be used to deter any pests. Plus, Bodacious seeds are treated so that they'll germinate faster and healthier, reduce the need for sprays, and produce a higher yield.
- Botanical Name: Zea mays 'Bodacious R/M'
- Season: both Spring & Fall
- Sun/Shade: Full Sun
- Height: 87 inches.
- Spacing: 10-12" plant spacing. 36" row spacing. Plant in blocks of at least 4 rows for adequate pollination.
- Zone: 3 - 9 annual
- Spread: 1 - 1 1/2 feet.
- Foliage: Green foliage.
- Depth: 1 - 2 inches.
- Days to Maturity: 75 days
- Fruit: Yellow corn. 8" ear length. 1.8" ear diameter. 16 rows of kernels.
- Soil Preference: Needs deep, well-drained, fertile soil, pH 6.0 to 6.8 and consistent moisture.
- Pruning: Not necessary to remove suckers (side sprouts growing from the base of the plant).
- Form: Upright
- Seed Count: Packet has approximately 250 seeds, 1/2lb has approximately 960 seeds, 2 lbs has approximately 3,840 seeds.
Orders for in-stock seeds and hardgoods are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below:
|2019 Insects Shipping Schedule|
|Zones||Lacewings, Lady Beetles & Encapsulated Earthworms||Nematodes|
|1A||5/3 - 11/1||5/10 - 11/1|
|1B - 2A||5/10 - 11/1||5/10 - 11/1|
|2B - 3B||4/26 - 11/1||4/26 - 11/1|
|4A - 6A||4/12 - 11/1||4/12 - 11/1|
|6B - 7A||4/5 - 11/1||4/5 - 11/1|
|7B - 8B||3/8 - 11/1||3/8 - 11/1|
|9A - 10B||2/22 - 11/1||2/22 - 11/1|
|Last Order Date||10/28/2019||10/28/2019|
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order--via the U.S. Postal Service or United Parcel Service. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the continental United States.