Multiple crops in one season
Black Magic™ Blackberry
Multiple crops in one season
- Double cropping variety
- Yields a large summer crop plus a fall crop
- Fruits are often larger than a quarter
- Rich, complex, sweet-tart flavor
- Excellent heat tolerance
- Upright, self-supporting canes
AE AK FL GU HI MA PR SC
This triple-cropping variety produces fruit all summer, depending on conditions! Self-supporting, lightly thorned canes have impressive heat tolerance— we've seen them breeze through 100+ degree days, still pumping out fruit. PP24249.
- Botanical Name: Rubus fruticosus 'Black Magic' PP24249
- Season: Spring
- Sun/Shade: Full sun.
- Height: 4 feet.
- Spacing: 3 - 4 feet.
- Zone: 5 - 9
- Spread: 4 feet.
- Foliage: Dark green foliage.
- Depth: Plant at same depth as in the nursery. Plant so the roots are 1 inch below soil level.
- Blooms: First flush in May, with blooms intermittently throughout the Summer, and then again in August/September.
- Yield: Approximately 4 - 6 quarts at maturity.
- Fruit: Glossy deep wine to black, large fruit, most well over quarter size in diameter.
- Soil Preference: Well-drained, rich, slightly acidic moist soil. 5.5- 6.8 pH.
- Growth Rate: Medium growth rate.
- Pruning: How you should prune erect and trailing blackberries varies slightly. All cultivars require very little pruning or training during the planting year. Differences in pruning and training between erect and trailing blackberries: Top the primo canes of erect cultivars during the Summer. Don't top trailing cultivars during the growing season. Shorten the laterals of erect cultivars.
- Form: Upright, erect, self-supporting canes.
- Flowers: White single blooms.
- Pollinator: Self pollinating.
- Size: Potted
Orders for in-stock seeds and hardgoods are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below:
|Fall 2020 Shipping Schedule|
|Zones||All Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A-4A||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|4B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|5A||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|5B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|6A||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|6B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|7A||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|7B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|8A & B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|9A & B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|10A & B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|Last Order Date||10/26/2020|
|2020 Insects Shipping Schedule|
|Zones||Nematodes & Encapsulated Worms|
|1A||5/13/20 - 10/30/20|
|1B - 2A||5/13/20 - 10/30/20|
|2B - 3B||4/29/20 - 10/30/20|
|4A - 6A||4/15/20 - 10/30/20|
|6B - 7A||4/8/20 - 10/30/20|
|7B - 8B||3/11/20 - 10/30/20|
|9A - 10B||2/25/20 - 10/30/20|
|Last Order Date||10/23/2020|
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order--via the U.S. Postal Service or United Parcel Service. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the continental United States.