Beauregard Sweet Potato
- Longtime popular sweet potato with an early harvest
- High percentage of good-sized, uniform roots
- Abundant yields
AE AK GU HI PR
There's a reason Beauregard became a favorite at Gardens Alive™ after its introduction in 1987--it was, and still is, our most delicious sweet potato to store, bake, and process! It's widely grown not just for that delicious flavor, but also because of its high percentage of good-sized, uniform roots. Each potato is covered in bright, copper-colored skin with deeply orange flesh, which you'll see plenty of since Beauregard is known for its high yield. Bake these sweet potatoes and serve with a bit of butter and honey, or slice into cubes, roast, and add to late summer salads with arugula, spinach, goat cheese, and pomegranate seeds. 90 days to maturity.
- Botanical Name: Ipomoea batata 'Beauregard'
- Season: Spring
- Sun/Shade: Full Sun
- Height: 1 1/2 to 2 feet tall.
- Spacing: 12 - 18 inches apart in rows that are 3 feet apart.
- Zone: 3-9
- Spread: 6 - 12 feet.
- Color: n/a
- Foliage: Lobed leaves with sharp elongated tips
- Depth: Set starts in 2 inches of soil, firm and water well.
- Blooms: Summer.
- Days to Maturity: 90 Days
- Yield: Heavy yields.
- Fruit: Bright copper skin, deep orange flesh.
- Soil Preference: Well-drained soil with some organic matter.
- Growth Rate: Fast once established, which takes approximately 4 - 6 weeks
- Form: Spreading vine.
- Flowers: n/a
- Pollinator: Self pollinating.
- Size: 12 Plants
Orders for in-stock seeds and hardgoods are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below:
|Fall 2020 Shipping Schedule|
|Zones||All Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A-4A||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|4B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|5A||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|5B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|6A||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|6B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|7A||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|7B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|8A & B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|9A & B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|10A & B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|Last Order Date||10/26/2020|
|2020 Insects Shipping Schedule|
|Zones||Nematodes & Encapsulated Worms|
|1A||5/13/20 - 10/30/20|
|1B - 2A||5/13/20 - 10/30/20|
|2B - 3B||4/29/20 - 10/30/20|
|4A - 6A||4/15/20 - 10/30/20|
|6B - 7A||4/8/20 - 10/30/20|
|7B - 8B||3/11/20 - 10/30/20|
|9A - 10B||2/25/20 - 10/30/20|
|Last Order Date||10/23/2020|
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order--via the U.S. Postal Service or United Parcel Service. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the continental United States.