Bird Bio - Baltimore Oriole
Male- flame orange and black with solid black head, Female- Olive brown above, burnt orange and yellow below, 7 inches to 8-1/2 inches
- Egg description: Blush white to pale gray- brown and black markings
- Nest description: Hanging pouch-tightly woven of plant fibers, strips of bark, grapevines, grass, yarn and string, Spanish moss, lined with grass, plant down and hair
- # Eggs: 4-5
- Length of Incubation: 12-14 days
- Fledging Age: 12-14 days after hatching
- Broods/season: 1
Open woods, riverside groves, elms, and shade trees
Insects, berries, nectar - Will come to feeders
- Summer: Southern Canada, Eastern and Central U.S.
- Winter: South East U.S.