Baked Garden Cornucopia
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: approximately 45 minutes
Feel free to substitute any vegetables that you can find in your garden
- 3 small summer squash- variety of colors best
- 1 medium onion- can substitute shallots
- 1 sweet pepper- if possible mix different colors to make the meal more visibly appealing
- 2 cloves of garlic either smashed or diced
- 1 small eggplant- varieties such as Ichibon or best preferred
- 1 large tomato- favorite variety or 6-8 smaller tomatoes cut in ¼'s or ½'s
- ½ cup of butter or margarine
- ¼ cup of wine- Chardonnay or preferred white wine
- 1/8 tsp Chili pepper powder
- Pepper to taste
- ½ tsp Fresh or dried parsley
- Fresh grated or prepared Parmesan Cheese
Pre-heat oven to 350°.
In a medium covered baking dish, place all vegetables except tomatoes, mixing them up in dish. Add butter, wine and spices over top. Cover and cook for approximately ½ hour
Add tomatoes, cut sections facing up. Bake for additional 15 minutes or until vegetables are at desired texture - it is best not to over cook the vegetables, especially the tomatoes.
Serve vegetables and cover with parmesan cheese.