Autumn Brilliance Apple Serviceberry
AE AK GU HI PR
- Botanical Name: Amelanchier grandifolia 'Autumn Brilliance'
- Season: Fall
- Sun/Shade: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height: 15-25 feet
- Spacing: 15-25 feet apart
- Zone: 4-9
- Spread: 15-25 feet
- Color: White flowers
- Foliage: Deciduous, finely-toothed, oval leaves, 3-4" long, emerge with bronze-copper highlights in early spring, mature to dark green, then turn to brilliant orange-red in autumn.
- Depth: Dig a hole twice the size of the pot the plant is in. Plant at the same depth as it was in the pot.
- Blooms: Early Spring, Mid Spring, Late Spring, All Spring
- Fruit: Red-purple, round, 3/8" berries appear in late spring to early summer, and mature to a dark purple. Their flavor is reminiscent of blueberries.
- Soil Preference: Loamy Soil, Sandy Soil
- Pruning: Prune late winter or early spring to promote vigorous, healthy new growth. Remove root suckers to maintain a tree form. If root suckers are left to grow, it will develop a shrub form.
- Form: Deciduous tree, small fruit.
- Flowers: White flowers
- Size: Potted
Orders for in-stock seeds and hardgoods are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below:
|Fall 2020 Shipping Schedule|
|Zones||All Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A-4A||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|4B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|5A||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|5B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|6A||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|6B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|7A||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|7B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|8A & B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|9A & B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|10A & B||9/21/20 - 10/30/20|
|Last Order Date||10/26/2020|
|2020 Insects Shipping Schedule|
|Zones||Nematodes & Encapsulated Worms|
|1A||5/13/20 - 10/30/20|
|1B - 2A||5/13/20 - 10/30/20|
|2B - 3B||4/29/20 - 10/30/20|
|4A - 6A||4/15/20 - 10/30/20|
|6B - 7A||4/8/20 - 10/30/20|
|7B - 8B||3/11/20 - 10/30/20|
|9A - 10B||2/25/20 - 10/30/20|
|Last Order Date||10/23/2020|
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order--via the U.S. Postal Service or United Parcel Service. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the continental United States.