Longtime consumer favorite
Honeycrisp Apple Tree
Longtime consumer favorite
- Full-sized fruit from a smaller tree
- Longtime flavor favorite
- Red-blushed fruits with crisp texture
- Performs best in cooler climates
One taste and it's easy to understand why the Honeycrisp Apple is highly popular and well-loved. Its flavor is juicy and sweet, and the crisp texture seems to explode with goodness. This beloved apple is now available as a Reachables® Tree, which means it grows just 6-8 feet tall. Plant it in your garden, orchard or even in a pot. Reachables are easier to manage than full-sized trees—one person can prune, spray, net and harvest the tree all without the use of a ladder! Please note: Because Reachables produce full-sized fruit on smaller trees, they require a tree support. Honeycrisp ripens in early September.
Reachables® Deluxe - Deluxe fruit trees include 2 oz. Quik-Cal Pelletized Calcium to enhance fruit quality, 12 oz. bag of Fruit Tree Food Starter Formula, easy-to-use tree ties, a premium tree guard to protect the trunk from gnawing pests, mowers and weed trimmers, and a copy of Backyard Horticulture for Fun and Profit--How to Make $10,000 in Your Spare Time.
- Botanical Name: Malus domestica 'Honeycrisp' PP7197
- Season: Fall
- Sun/Shade: Full Sun
- Height: Standard: 14-18 feet. Reachables: 6-8 feet. Reachables tree heights will vary some based on location, soil, light, temperature, and other environmental factors.
- Spacing: Standard: 12-15 feet. Reachables: 6-10 feet.
- Zone: 3 - 6 (-30° F.)
- Spread: Standard: 12-15 feet
- Foliage: Green foliage.
- Depth: Locate the planting depth indicator, the marked line above the tree's root system. The graft should be about 2 inches above the soil surface.
- Blooms: Late Season
- Yield: Standard: 10 or bushels at maturity. Reachables: 3/4 - 1 bushel.
- Fruit: Large, red blushed fruit is over 3 inches in diameter. Texture is crisp and crunchy with a juicy, sweet flavor.
- Soil Preference: Well-drained, deep, fertile soil.
- Growth Rate: Medium growth rate and vigor.
- Pruning: Prune in late winter/early spring, while trees are still dormant. There are normally two goals when pruning an apple tree: 1. Initially, on young trees, to encourage a strong, solid framework. 2. On mature trees to maintain shape, maximize sun exposure and encourage fruit production. You will also want to remove any suckers coming from the rootstock. Unwanted shoots and suckers can be removed at any time. Also remove any crossed, crowded or inward-growing limbs in late winter or very early spring.
- Form: Deciduous, spreading.
- Flowers: White blossoms.
- Pollinator: Golden Delicious, Goldrush, Gala, Nova Spy, Sundance, Redfree, Sweet Sixteen
Orders for in-stock seeds and hardgoods are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below:
|2019 Insects Shipping Schedule|
|Zones||Lacewings, Lady Beetles & Encapsulated Earthworms||Nematodes|
|1A||5/3 - 11/1||5/10 - 11/1|
|1B - 2A||5/10 - 11/1||5/10 - 11/1|
|2B - 3B||4/26 - 11/1||4/26 - 11/1|
|4A - 6A||4/12 - 11/1||4/12 - 11/1|
|6B - 7A||4/5 - 11/1||4/5 - 11/1|
|7B - 8B||3/8 - 11/1||3/8 - 11/1|
|9A - 10B||2/22 - 11/1||2/22 - 11/1|
|Last Order Date||10/28/2019||10/28/2019|
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order--via the U.S. Postal Service or United Parcel Service. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the continental United States.