Asian-Style Chicken Lettuce WrapsServes 4
Walla Walla Onion
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 c. chicken broth
- 1 c. rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp. whole black peppercorns
- 1 White Ebenezer onion, quartered
- 6 whole garlic cloves
- ¼ c. Asian-style sweet chili sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- ½ tsp cayenne pepperv
- ½ cucumber, julienned
- 1 Walla Walla onion, julienned
- 1 yellow bell pepper, julienned Fresh mint leaves, coarsely chopped 1 head Romaine lettuce
Pour chicken broth and rice vinegar into a large saucepan. Add peppercorns, onion, and garlic. Stir and bring to a simmer. Add chick and cover. Simmer on low until chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes.
Using two forks, shred chicken into bite-sized pieces. Toss with chili sauce and lime juice and season with salt and pepper.
Place a scoop of chicken on top of a single lettuce leaf. Add fresh veggies as desired. Garnish with mint leaves.